Are you looking for information, explanations and reassurance about your baby’s sleep? Perhaps you’re unsure whether your baby’s sleep is normal? Maybe you’re really struggling with sleep, but know that sleep training is not for you.
Many parents feel unsure about how to help their baby to sleep without using some form of sleep training.
The work I do is focused on attachment, relationships, connection, managing the underlying causes of sleep disturbance, and using my knowledge of sleep biology in order to help you tackle sleep without any form of behavioural sleep training. There are many sleep plans, programs and downloadables that utilize strategies such as shushing and patting by the side of your baby’s crib, leaving them to cry for an amount of time, or promoting timed sleep intervals or feeding schedules.
You’ll find absolutely none of that here. Just genuinely responsive, gentle and evidence based strategies, as well as some sleep education, reassurance and affirmation that your gentle approach to parenting is spot on.
In this 1-hour class, I’ll be sharing the fruits of 20 years of working with young children, giving you a mix of reassurance, evidence and practical easy to implement ideas that won’t cause you or your baby stress.
As the founder and clinical director of the world’s most comprehensive professional sleep coach program, I have been teaching other sleep coaches how to support families for years. Now you can learn some of the science behind sleep in an accessible way.
I’ll be covering:
- How sleep works
- The truth of ‘self soothing’
- How to make a decision about bedsharing
- Supporting crying, unsettled and high need babies
- What normal infant behaviour looks like
- Why strict routines, wake windows and schedules don’t work
- Whether dreamfeeding is the right tool for your baby
- Supporting sleep and naps
- My top ten sleep tips
- How to ease your way into bedtime
This is for you if:
- Your little one is 0-8 months old
- You don’t want to sleep train
- You’re responsively feeding your baby (whether breast, bottle or both – no judgment here)
- You want to understand why your little one sleeps the way they do
- You’d like some tips to optimise sleep that don’t involve a non-response
- You’re attracted to the idea of improving sleep without sleep training
- You’re invested in taking a holistic look at your baby’s sleep